Missouri Hockey requires teams traveling out of the immediate St. Louis area to obtain a travel permit from the Missouri Hockey registrar. Travel permits are required for all tournaments. Travel permits are required for practice games and friendship games if one of the teams is not playing in the Missouri Hockey League. Travel permits are not required for Missouri Hockey League games. A travel permit is required when a team participates in a tournament or practice games and league game during the same trip. Click the form name to download the appropriate form.
FAILURE TO OBTAIN A TRAVEL PERMIT WILL RESULT IN $100 FEE PER INCIDENT and the possibility of additional Rules and Discipline action.
Click her for travel permit FAQ’s
Click her for travel permit Request Form PDF
- Complete the travel permit form
- Name of club requesting travel permit. Example: Meramec
- Name of division. Example: Mite AA
- Dates of the event. Example: October 18 – 20, 2005
- City and State of the event. Example: Holland, Michigan
- State the nature of the event: Example: practice games or tournament
- Include the name of the person who will receive the permit, include their address, zip, telephone number and a fax number (we will fax the travel permit if possible).
- Include a copy of your USA team roster with the travel permit requst form. (This is prepared off of the cyber disk from your club’s registrar. Please contact your registrar for this information.)
- Include a check payable to Missouri Hockey, Inc. with the travel permit request form.
- Fax, scan and e-mail or mail all the above information to Debbie Hellwig. Fax number is (636) 938-7685, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If faxing or e-mailiing your request, please mail your check to the address below.
$10 Fee if permit requested three weeks or greater prior to need.
$20 Fee if permit requested less than two weeks but more than one week prior to need.
$30 Fee if permit is requested one week or less prior to need.
539 Southern Hills Dr.
Eureka, MO 63025-3612
- After the above information has been received, a travel permit will either be faxed or mailed to the person listed on the travel permit form. If you include an email address, you will be emailed a confirmation and the date the permit will be mailed.
Procedures for Canadian Destinations
- Complete the same steps for the USA travel permit plus the items listed below.
- Complete the Canadian travel permit (They are available at Missouri Hockey office or can be mailed to you). (The Registrar will pre-approve the Canada permit before sending it to the club.)
- Mail the white copy of the Canadian permit to Norm Spiegel, the Central District USA Registrar. His address is on the back of the permit. Norm needs to receive the travel permit three weeks before your trip.
- The yellow copy will be retained by the traveling team, and should be attached to your travel permit issued by Missouri Hockey, Inc.
The pink copy should be sent to Debbie Hellwig at Missouri Hockey, Inc.
Click here for a sample PDF of the Canadian destination travel permit
When do I need a travel permit?
What clubs are registered with Missouri Hockey?
A travel permit is needed for all friendship/practice games with out of town teams that are not registered with Missouri Hockey and all tournaments not being held in the St. Louis area. This includes tournament and practice games which are played during the same trip as a league game.
The following clubs are listed with Missouri Hockey:
- Affton Athletic Association
- Chesterfield Hockey Association
- Kirkwood Youth Hockey Association
- Meramec Hockey Club
- Mid-Missouri Tigers
- St. Louis Amateur AAA Blues
- St. Louis Girls Cyclones Youth Hockey
- St. Peters Hockey Club
- St. Louis Rockets
- St. Louis Stars
- Southern Illinois Youth Hockey
- Springfield Jr. Spirit (Missouri)
- Springfield Youth Hockey (Illinois)
- Twin Bridges
Do I need a travel permit for games in the home rink of out of area teams that participate in the Missouri Hockey leagues?
No. If an out of area team plays in a Missouri Hockey league, a travel permit is not required for league, friendship or practice games. Please check and make sure the team you will be playing is in a Missouri Hockey league. If the team is not, then you will need a travel permit.
Do I need a travel permit for tournament for Kansas City, Decatur, Springfield, Missouri and Springfield, Illinois?
Yes. Even though these clubs may have teams that play in the Missouri Hockey league, a travel permit is required to participate in tournaments in these locations. This includes tournament and practice games which are played during the same trip as a league game.
How long does it take to get a travel permit?
All paper work should be submitted to the Missouri Hockey registrar three weeks before the trip.
How do I get a travel permit?
In order to receive a travel permit you must submit the travel permit form and appropriate fee to the Missouri Hockey Registrar, see form for appropriate addess, fax and e-mail.
Is there a form I should use to request a travel permit?
Yes. It is provided here and under FORMS on this website.
Is there a different form if I go to Canada?
Yes. US and Canada are different forms.
Can 8 and Under teams travel?
Yes. With special permission from the Missouri Hockey Youth Division Board of Directors or President. Travel permits for 8 and Under 5 on 5 or full ice tournaments or games during the regular season will be denied.